The Trainor Law Firm, PC

New Jersey Man Charged in Case of Stabbing Ex-Wife to Death

Plainfield authorizes are reporting that a 56-year-old man was arrested for stabbing his ex-wife to death on Sunday. The man in question has been charged with murder in the first degree of his ex-wife, a 56-year-old Plainfield resident. Authorities reportedly responded to a welfare check call at 11:30 p.m. at the man’s home on West 6th Street in Plainfield – upon arriving, the authorities found the victims body in the backyard and pronounced her dead at the scene.

With the aid of the Plainfield Police Division and the Union County Sherriff’s Office Crime Scene Unit, the Union County Homicide Task Force carried out an investigation and arrested the accused without incident. He is currently being held in the Union County Jail and is awaiting his first court appearance and detention hearing.

Details regarding motives or what could have led to the attack are currently unknown as the investigation is still under investigation.

It is not known whether or not the accused has retained an attorney. In the state of New Jersey, murder charges are often punishable by 30 years to life in prison.

In order to convict a defendant of murder charges, the prosecution must prove that the defendant intended to purposefully kill the victim. A murder conviction could follow a person for the rest of their lives. It can make it impossible to live a normal life. This can be devastating, especially in cases where the defendant didn’t intend to kill another person.

If you have been charged with a violent crime in New Jersey, you need a skilled criminal defense lawyer representing you. William J. Connelly of the Maldjian Law Group LLC is a criminal defense attorney with years of experience defending clients against charges for murder and manslaughter in Monmouth County. Contact us today to schedule your case consultation.


The articles on this blog are for informative purposes only and are no substitute for legal advice or an attorney/client relationship. If you are seeking legal advice, please contact our law firm directly.